The online poker or online poker is a popular game that you can play from home, online, real money and with the same or more emotion than in a physical room. The main betting houses and casinos also usually have a poker option and at Exclusibet we put at your disposal a ranking of the best online poker rooms:
Top poker bonuses
Taking advantage of the welcome bonuses is highly recommended and therefore many users choose to register and play in various online poker rooms. It is important to pay attention to the conditions of the bonuses, that is, amount, conditions to redeem it, whether or not a first deposit is necessary, if they give us an initial free amount to play and what percentage they give us on the first deposit, among others.
Types of poker games
There are different modes to play, so you can choose between several options, always the one that best suits your game:
Texas Hold’em: it is the most popular and therefore the most played. It is the one played in the main international online poker tournaments. The operation of this modality is that 2 hole cards are dealt to each player. Then each player with the cards he has received, decides whether to play the hand or stand.
There is a player with the small blind (this player must put on the table the number of chips that they want to establish as the small blind, for example 5 chips). The player to the left of the previous one carries the big blind (he must post the chips that are established as the big blind, for example 10 chips). This is rotating in the following hands to the left of the table.
The machine or online dealer, puts 3 cards to the center (flop) and each player depending on the 3 cards that come out and those in his hand, must decide whether to check or bet. If one player raises, the others can call, raise or fold.
The machine or online dealer removes the first card from the deck and puts the next one on the flop. There is a round of betting or withdrawals. The next hand the online dealer removes the first card from the deck again and puts the next one on the flop.
This is the last round of betting. Here it is already decided between those who bet, raising the cards and the one with the best hand wins.
The suits of the deck are clubs, spades, hearts and diamonds.
We detail the value of the plays here:
- Royal flush or royal flush: they are five cards of the same suit from 10 to Ace.
- Straight flush or straight flush: they are 5 cards with numbers in a row of the same suit. For example 2-3-4-5-6 of hearts.
- Poker or four of a kind: they are four cards of the same number. For example 4 Aces.
- Full or full house: they are 2 cards with the same number and 3 cards with the same number. For example 10-10 and 9-9-9
- Color or flush: they are five cards of the same suit.
- Straight or straight: they are 5 consecutive cards in number, not of the same suit.
- Three of a kind or three of a kind: 3 cards of the same number, not necessarily the same suit.
- Double pair or two pair: 2 cards of the same number and another 2 of the same number, not necessarily of the same suit. For example 6-6 and As-As
- Pair or one pair: 2 cards of the same number, not necessarily the same suit.
- High card or high card: in a hand in which none of the players has any of the above, the one with the highest card wins.
Omaha: It is a very similar option to Texas Hold’em, but instead of playing with 2 hole cards each player, it is played with 4 hole cards. 5 cards are dealt in the center
7 Card stud: it is a variant in which 7 cards are dealt and the objective is to have the highest hand.
5 Card Stud: It is very similar to the previous one, but 5 cards are dealt and the objective is to have the
How to register at an online poker site
- The first step is to choose the online poker site that you like best.
- Register with your main data in the form. Keep in mind that they will ask you to validate your ID, to check that you are not a minor or self-excluded, among others.
- Make a deposit in case the poker site asks for it, normally a minimum deposit of € 5 is requested, but it depends on the operator. In some sites, no deposit is necessary.
- Read the conditions of the bonds carefully in order to comply with them and be able to choose to release it. It is recommended to register with several online poker rooms with different operators to take advantage of the welcome offers.
Is it safe to play online poker?
Many users wonder if they can trust online poker sites , where you deposit your money and the “machine” has control over the cards it deals, the cards shown on the flop, the players …
The answer is YES, it is safe to play online poker , but with nuances, that is, you must select an operator that is reputable in the market of your country. At Exclusibet we only offer you licensed operators that comply with regulations and have security systems and protocols that protect your money. They are also audited companies that must comply with good practices.
Be careful playing on low-reputation sites, without https security protocol. See opinions of other users, check on the online poker site if you do not know it, to avoid scares.
Tips for playing online poker
Poker is one of the card games in which chance has the least impact. Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your game:
- Always a cool head. Don’t gamble with emotion, don’t take the plays personally, be smart, not impulsive.
- Know the game in its entirety. Card games, like many other things, largely depend on practice. We recommend that you play and practice in online sites of the main operators, with friends, in online demos, whatever to gain experience in the game.
- Don’t abuse bluffing. A play won by bluffing or bluffing gives a special self-esteem and joy, but do not abuse it because you can lose very easily, and especially when you are playing high amounts.
- Lean on statistics and math. It is key to take into account how many players there are, how many they bet, what hand you have and the cards that come to the flop. Poker, like all card games, is random, but you can minimize it with statistics and with a sense of the game by observing the behavior of the rest of the players.
- Your position at the table is key. The more players behind you, the more likely you are to lose. Therefore in this case, it is recommended that you call a good starting hand on the flop.
- You don’t have to play every hand. With this you save chips, since you will not always win and therefore starting hands that are weak, you can save them, since by statistics, there is a high probability of losing them.
- Learn from the best. If you have the opportunity, watch poker tournaments on television, online, streaming… of the best players. You will see their plays, how they react with certain hands, with certain plays, how they play the cards and how they play in each situation.
- Play responsibly