As of 2021, Arizona joined the growing list of US states to offer legal sports betting. The Arizona state senate enacted HB 2772 by a vote of 23-6 on April 12th, 2021, authorizing both online and retail sports betting in the state.
After a month of pre-registration, the first retail and internet sportsbooks were open and began accepting bets in September 2021. As of February 2022, there were fourteen operational online sportsbooks in AZ. This number could yet increase, as the Arizona Department of Gaming is still working through license applications. On September 9th, 2021, the state’s first legal, regulated wagers were placed, with a number of well-known national bookies entering the market.
In the first few months of operations, the legal sportsbooks in Arizona took in big numbers. AZ sportsbooks had the best first month of any legal US market, with bets totaling $291.2 million in September. As the market proceeded to establish itself, AZ sportsbooks took $486.1 million in bets in October.
If you’d like to get in on the action and enjoy Arizona sports betting, you’ll want to find the best sportsbooks to sign up to. Here are a few of the best:
- Caesars Sportsbook – Caesars Sportsbook offers weekly odds boosts on major sporting events as well as an excellent welcome bonus for all first-time sign-ups. When you join, you can claim the 100% matched deposit bonus that’s worth up to $1500. With loads of markets on all the best sports, this is an excellent sportsbook to use.
- BetMGM – BetMGM is widely considered one of the best sportsbooks in the country, offering great odds and fun bonuses. The first time you join, you can claim a free $50 bonus and make a risk-free bet worth up to $1000. The site is incredibly easy to use and allows you to download a mobile app from the Google Play Store or App Store.
- FanDuel – FanDuel might be best known for fantasy sports, but the platform has also become one of the biggest sports betting services out there. AZ residents can now join the FanDuel experience, claiming a $1000 risk-free bet when they first join and making the most of lots of great promotions.
- DraftKings – DraftKings is one of the most accessible sportsbooks. The site offers a huge range of markets on top sports, but it’s straightforward to find what you’re looking for. There are live odds and live stats as well as pre-live markets. When you first join, you can claim a free $50 bonus, and there’s also a matched deposit offer worth up to $1000.
- BetRivers – BetRivers is one of the fairest online sportsbooks you can use in AZ. As well as offering great odds on sports like football, basketball, and soccer, the site provides a 100% bonus with only a 1x playthrough. That means it’s simple to use, and you could get your hands on $250 in bonus funds to bet with. The site is easy to use and works on mobile as well as desktops.
- Unibet – Unibet was one of the first online sportsbooks to launch in Arizona and has proven to be one of the best two. With a site that works perfectly on all devices, you can use Unibet sportsbook from home or while on the go. As a new user, you can claim a risk-free bet worth up to $500 when you create your account.